Monday, December 10, 2007

Rejection

I never owned a pet because I was never a fan of the care and cleanup involved. Okay, I think i owned a fish at one point.

Anyway, Dix showed me something that made me feel a little guilty.

She had to pick up after Woofus, and once done, she gave Woofus a rub and a hug, then they played ball.

I missed the balance of it all. The prospect of cleaning up lumps and other hindside ejections just doesn't charm the undersnappers off me, but I saw the reward; the longer moments of love.

It's not the puddles. It's the cuddles.

I might do better if I leave myself more open to the good that leads the not-so-good.

I wonder if Deepak Chopra or the Dalai Lama has something on that point. Then again, Dix and Woofus maybe said all I need to know, and no one took the lotus position.

No comments: